Liquor license restrictions permit alcohol consumption within the Centre and in the Forecourt at the entrance to the building only. Alcohol is not permitted to leave the building under any circumstances. The Centre promotes the responsible service of alcohol.
The Centre is a non-smoking venue. In accordance with Queensland Government policy, smoking is permitted only in the Designated Outdoor Smoking Areas, located at the front of the building. Patrons caught smoking outside a designated area may be subject to on the spot fines.
What To Leave At Home
For the comfort and safety of patrons and players or entertainers, the following items are not permitted into the Centre:
- Commercially produced food
- Animals other than service animals, ie. seeing eye dogs
- Any item that could be used as a weapon
- Audio recorders and video cameras
- Helium balloons and glass items
- Musical instruments and/or amplification equipment
- Unauthorised advertising materials or flyers
- Laser pointers
- Distress signals
- Whistles or loud hailers
- Dangerous goods
Prams and strollers are not permitted in seating areas and may be left in the Centre’s Administration office. Please see the Box Office staff for access.
Occasionally entertainers make special requests regarding items not permitted into the Auditorium and these requests will be communicated on signage at entry doors to the Auditorium on the event day.